The Mechanical Gardens Bike Co-op home currently sits in the basement of St John’s the Evangelist Lutheran Church at 195 Maujer Street in Brooklyn. We hold Open Hours every Monday from 6-9pm and during the winter/early spring, we host work parties at the space and making connections with neighbors and community organizations. It’s a great time to get involved!
- You! Come on board: we need people with the passion to prove that bikes change lives.
- Essential funding for tools, parts, and program costs, fellowships for local volunteers, and scholarships for conferences and professional training.
- Open fix-your-bike workshops and mobile clinics led by skilled volunteers.
- Repair and maintenance courses to develop self-sufficiency and community resiliency.
- Women and trans-only workshops solely for those identifying as women, trans, or gender-nonconforming.
- Facilitated group rides, including safe riding workshops.
- Classes on repairing kids’ bikes.
- Earn-a-bike programs, where bikes can be earned by volunteering.
- Program opportunities in Spanish, Yiddish, Chinese, and other languages.
- Allied programs with organizations in youth enrichment, gentrification resistance, economic enfranchisement, transportation equity, and environmental justice.